Best Arm Exercises
Here are the 5 best arm exercises to get huge arms and build muscle quick...
If you're looking to build arm muscles and get ripped fast, its gonna take a combination of doing the most effective arm workouts and eating a lot of muscle building foods.
If you're interested in a complete, very detailed program for building muscle quickly, you should really consider Vince's program. Its the only one I can recommend in good conscience...check it out here.
Here are some general tips for how to get huge arms:
1. Don't overtrain. You would be surprised how many guys overdo their arm workouts. This is counter-productive. You also don't need to do 15 sets for biceps. Keep your workout to about 6-9 sets of biceps, and 6-9 sets of triceps.
2. Go heavy. 90% of the time you should be doing a weight that you can only do for 6-8 reps. The other 10% of the time is the next step.
3. Mix it up. You've got to keep those muscles guessing to shock them into growing. So sometimes, on your last set of an exercise, drop the weight a bunch and do 30-40 reps. Or do partial reps. But you should at least be switching up the specific lifts you do each workout. The best arm exercises are the ones that will keep your muscles guessing.
4. Eat a lot of muscle building foods like chicken, meat, and especially beans. Beans are money when you're trying to build arm muscles.
Arm Training Example:
I only do a specific arm workouts once a week.
I will do 2 exercises for biceps, and then 2 exercises for triceps. I will do 2 sets of each exercise. So all in all, I do 8 sets of arm exercises when I do arm training.
The bicep exercises I rotate between are:
- Seated Incline Dumbbell Curls
- Standing Barbell Curls
- Standing Dumbbell Hammer Curls
- Standing Cable Curls
The triceps exercises I rotate between are:
- Standing Cable Pushdowns
- Standing or Seated Overhead Dumbbell Extension
- Close-grip Bench Press
- Overhead Cable Extensions
If you are sick of the standard arm workouts... here are two the best arm exercises to without a dumbbell.
The first is the medicine ball push-up.
Grab a medicine ball, then you put both hands on it, which will have to be close together, and then you lower yourself down and touch your nose on your hands and do a push-up.
The other thing that just kills my arms for biceps is to do close grip pull ups. When you can't do anymore on your own, you can use the lat machine to do the same movement.
As far as how many reps to do, again you want to use a weight that you can only do between 5-9 times with perfect form.
So when you're doing a set, when you hit the point that you can't do another rep with perfect form, then do as many partial reps as you can.
The important part is that you get a huge pump so that you're pumping a bunch of blood and nutrients into those torn and abused muscles.
Again, if you're interested in a complete, very detailed program for building muscle quickly, you should really consider Vince's program. Its the only one I can recommend in good conscience...check it out here.
Leave Best Arm Exercises and go to Mens Fashion Advice homepage